As technology rapidly advances to directly affect today’s global economy, an emphasis on patent protection is even more important since a patent portfolio can define and steer a company towards success. As patent laws change and evolve, having a knowledgeable patent attorney is recommended when seeking intellectual property protection.
Our patent attorneys are experienced in obtaining patents, both domestic and international, in a wide range of technologies including electrical, biotechnology and life sciences, business methods, chemical, computer hardware and software, e-commerce, materials, mechanical, and optical. Our patent attorneys are also experienced in obtaining design patents for the ornamental aspects of a particular product as well as providing preliminary studies and opinions on the novelty of inventions, patent infringement and patent validity. Our patent services also include:
- International and U.S. patent prosecution
- Product clearance studies
- Infringement/non-infringement opinions
- Patentability opinions
- Validity and invalidity opinions
- Licensing and technology transfer agreements
- Due diligence in mergers and acquisitions
Additionally, our patent practice is not limited to simply acquiring patents. We represent patentees as well as those accused of infringing patents in matters that are taken to negotiation, arbitration or litigation, including post grant proceedings before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”). The bottom line is that our patent attorneys can assist clients in leveraging their patents to their fullest potential within the law.
* Unless a registered patent attorney, an attorney who is board certified in intellectual property by the Florida Bar (a non-exclusionary certification with respect to practicing law) cannot prepare or prosecute a patent application. Therefore, if wishing to discuss a patent application with one of our professionals, please seek out one of our registered patent attorneys.