In the complex world that we live in, interaction with the Internet has become a daily occurrence. Each Internet law attorney at Wolter Van Dyke Davis is experienced in the unique challenges posed by obtaining, protecting, and enforcing intellectual property rights on the Internet. Such experience includes:
- Counseling clients by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating license agreements involving Internet-based activities and conduct
- Domain name disputes arising out of the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) and arbitrated via the National Arbitration Forum (NAF) and/or the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Domain name disputes arising out of the Anti-cybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA) (15 U.S.C. Sections 1125(d) & 1129)
- Preparation of and/or responding to takedown notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Counseling regarding the secondary liability of Internet intermediaries (i.e. website owner/operators, bloggers, e-commerce vendors) under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act
We also have technology law attorneys skilled with developing website term of use policies and privacy policies.