Robert L. Wolter, a founding member of the firm, concentrates his practice on issues involving intellectual property law and commercial litigation. He is a registered patent attorney and represents individuals and businesses before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Robert has experience in litigating various intellectual property matters, including patent, trademark, and copyright infringement, unfair competition and general commercial litigation matters. Robert also has experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications on a variety of inventions. Additionally, he is experienced in trademark prosecution and drafting and negotiating technology-related agreements. Prior to practicing law, he worked as a research chemist with Southern Research Institute, where his work involved analytical chemistry.
Robert has served on the board of directors for the Central Florida Zoo and Botonical Gardens. He has also served as a Guardian Ad Litem, representing children in child abuse and neglect cases.
Specific Areas of Patent Preparation and/or Prosecution Experience
Chemical, electromechanical, and mechanical technologies generally
- Alpha Technology U.S.A. Corp. v. Mlsna Dairy Supply, Inc., 2015 U.S. App. LEXIS 19905 (Fed. Cir. November 12, 2015)
- Alpha Technology U.S.A. Corp. v. MLSNA Dairy Solutions, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2748 (W.D. Wisc. 2015)
- Delaval International AB v. Alpha Technology USA Corp., 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 353 (W.D. Wisc. 2014)
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Can You Keep a Secret? Considerations When Protecting Trade Secrets, before the Association of Corporate Counsel, Orlando, Florida, September 2016
- A Bottle of Red, A Bottle of White…Bring Your Sports IP Appetite! Speaking on international trademark filings before the Association of Corporate Counsel, Orlando, Florida September 2015
- Copyrights, Trademarks, and Unfair Competition at the Advanced Technology Center at Gulf Coast State College and the Business Innovation Center at Florida State University’s Panama City Campus, Panama City, Florida, April 2014